Fodor's Inside Mexico City Spiral-Bound |
Fodor's Travel Guides
from Up to 30 ratings
Fodor's Inside Mexico City
With its fascinating history, incomparable culinary landscape, and blossoming art scene, Mexico City has become one of the most sought-after destinations for the hip, curious traveler. Fodor’s brand-new guidebook, Inside Mexico City, touches on the top tourist sights, from the Zócalo to the Frida Kahlo Museum, but also delves into the under-the-radar places that only insiders from Mexico City know about.
The Fodor's Inside series is designed for travelers looking for authentic, hyperlocal experiences. Perfectly sized to fit in your bag or pocket, these guides are designed with an artistic bent and are easy to use, look good, and don't make you feel like a tourist.
Written by Mexico City residents—with customized neighborhood maps and one-of-a-kind, hand-drawn illustrations by Kathryn Holeman—Inside Mexico City covers the restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and boutiques in the neighborhoods that locals love best.
Fodor’s Inside Mexico City includes:
- OFF-THE-BEATEN-PATH COVERAGE to help you explore locally loved, up-and-coming neighborhoods that other guidebooks don’t cover well or at all.
- ITINERARIES that will help you plan your trip.
- MAPS that are easy to read, plus a FREE PULL-OUT MAP.
- BEST BET LISTS with our favorites in a variety of categories including: best local foods, best kid-friendly attractions, and most romantic restaurants.
- INSTAGRAM-WORTHY PHOTO SPOTS that tell you how and where to get remarkable shots that you’ll definitely want to share.
- AT A GLANCE FEATURES on local events, history, locally-made goods, books and movies set in Mexico City, and more.
- COOL PLACES TO STAY highlighting the most unique lodgings in the city.
- BEST CITY TOURS from the coolest companies, including gallery walks, culinary tours, and mezcal tastings.
- QUICK SIDE TRIPS to the best places in Teotihuacán, Cuernavaca, and Valle de Bravo.
- GETTING AROUND features in every neighborhood to make navigation via public transit or walking easy.
- HAND-DRAWN ILLUSTRATIONS
- INTERESTING STREET AND PUBLIC ART that is worth discovering.
- BACK IN THE DAY SPOTLIGHTS of famous spots to give the city historical context.
- COVERS the best neighborhoods in Mexico City, including Centro Histórico, La Condesa, La Roma, Polanco, Juarez, La Zona Rosa, Coyocán, San Angel, and more.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
Planning on visiting more of Mexico? Check out Fodor’s Los Cabos, Fodor’s Cancun & the Riviera Maya, and Fodor’s Puerto Vallarta.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
“The Fodor’s guides are notable for their ratings of sights, restaurants, shops, accommodations and attractions.” – Chicago Tribune
“In terms of comprehensiveness of coverage, the very accessible format, and the enthusiastic tone, this series remains one of the best on the market.” – Booklist
“Fodor’s super-informative guidebooks are known for accuracy and attention to detail.” – Sacramento Bee
“Fodor’s can help you plan the perfect adventure.” – Arizona Republic