If You Come to Earth Spiral-Bound | September 15, 2020
If You Come to Earth
This beautiful book is inspired by the thousands of children Sophie Blackall has met during her travels around the world in support of UNICEF and Save the Children.
If you come to Earth, there are a few things you need to know . . .
We live in all kinds of places.
In all kinds of homes.
In all kinds of families.
Each of us is different. But all of us are amazing.
And, together, we share one beautiful planet.
This masterful and moving picture book is a visually comprehensive guide to the earth, imbued with warmth and humor, that celebrates the magic of ordinary days on our beloved home planet.
- An engaging storybook about a single curious and imaginative child
- Simultaneously funny and touching
- Carries a clear message about the need to care for the earth and each other
- Ideal for children ages 3 to 5 years old
- Resonates year-round as a go-to gift for birthdays, holidays, baby showers, and more
- A great pick for teachers looking for a crowd-pleasing picture book with lessons about the world for little students
- Parents, grandparents, and caregivers
- A new Earth Day book resource for exploring the science and wonder of nature, life, and the universe
- Add it to the shelf with books like Here We Are by Oliver Jeffers, Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney, The Travel Book Lonely Planet Kids, and Hello, World! by Jill McDonald
“To take care of one another and the Earth, we must truly see one another as unique and valued. . . . Throughout [If You Come to Earth], diverse people are distinctively, carefully portrayed, emphasizing representation and visibility. . . . Two-time Caldecott Medalist Blackall’s rich illustration invites return visits to investigate all the small, and big, details they contain. . . . An introduction to Earth for children big and small who live in this galaxy, or beyond.”—Kirkus Reviews